Hong Kong rail operator MTR Company introduced Thursday that it’ll associate with The Sandbox on a metaverse challenge to construct a subway-themed digital world theme park.
See associated article: Sandcastles in our on-line world and the rise of the metaverse
- The rail operator stated it would associate with The Sandbox, a subsidiary of Animoca Manufacturers, to “construct a railway-focused digital area to create distinctive, enjoyable and immersive experiences via gamification.”
- MTR stated it had acquired a plot of land in The Sandbox metaverse to construct an immersive digital station to offer video games the place gamers can drive trains and function a practice station.
- The location will even embrace a railway museum “to showcase the moments that MTR intersects with the communities and cultures of Hong Kong” and make use of the digital setting to foster schooling in science, expertise, engineering and arithmetic.
- MTR stated it would collaborate with Studio Collective to finalize the roadmap for the challenge.
- A number of Hong Kong landmark buildings have been introduced into The Sandbox, together with town’s aquatic theme park Ocean Park and the long-lasting Star Ferry.
See associated article: Who’re the most important gamers within the metaverse at the moment?